Do i need to have a design in mind prior to finding a builder? In short no you don’t, however its great to sit down
and think about what you would like in a home. How many bedrooms and bathrooms? Open plan, walk in pantry, kids play area? are all questions to consider. We can then find the perfect plan in our standard range or design a custom home from scratch to suit your needs that’s perfect for your block of land!
One size fits all is certainly not the case when choosing your home plan or design.
Some of the things to consider are
- Size of block– Is it acreage where a long ranch style home is suited? Or an average block that requires a long narrow home. If you have no idea what you want that’s fine as we are here to help you and are specialists in the industry.
- Orientation of block– try to have the north facing into your living areas as this will produce a light filled space and reduce your power cost for lighting and heating. You don’t want the afternoon western sun belting into your living areas.
- Is the block flat or very sloping. The more sloping your block is the higher the cost of excavation. There’s a few ways to get around this, check out the fabulous tri-level home we built in Tatton here, it was a finalist of the 2017 HIA Awards.
- Corner block? If you have a corner block we need to try and work out best placement to maximize your yard space as obviously being a corner block you will have to set backs on two sides to consider.
- Are there views to consider– Design your home so the living areas take in the views. I once went to a home and the best view was from the ensuite toilet! Very disappointing when you have lake and city views to enjoy in Wagga! Beautiful views are taken advantage of in this home we built in 2016
We take all these things into account when planning your new home as we want to ensure you are happy with your new build and gain the best result possible. If your considering building pop into our office or display home and have a chat about how we can help you build your dream home!