Using stone throughout your home is a luxurious touch that many people are choosing to splurge on. Stone is one way to add a wow factor to your home whilst still being durable and long lasting. Although stone is durable and robust, all stone manufacturers do have some tips and tricks to keep your stone looking as new for years to come.
TOP TIPS TO CARE FOR YOUR STONE BENCH TOPS
1. Wipe up spills immediately. Stone is durable product however spillages left for a period of time will stain. Foods to be aware of are – red wine, tandoori and Indian pastes, beetroot, pumpkin and coffee. It really is best to clean all spills up immediately.
2. Never place hot pots and pans directly on your stone bench top. The heat will cause your bench to crack and most manufacturers can tell if a a crack has been caused by heat or otherwise.
3. Always use a chopping board when cutting up food.
4. Clean with warm soapy water each time or use a non silicone based cleaner. Avoid abrasive cleaners.
5. Always use a soft cloth, never a scourer to clean your bench tops.
6. Always follow manufacturers care instructions.